Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Meaghan Kimbrell's Book Review

My Sister’s Keeper

By Jodi Picoult

**** Stars

I loved this novel. It is now one of my favorite books that I have read. The author wrote this novel very well it kept the reader, me, interested the entire time. I would have finished this book in one night if I hadn’t been distracted by other people and other school work.

In this novel the Fitzgerald family has three children two that came naturally then a third, Anna, which was specifically made to be an exact donor match for her older sister, Kate, who was diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia at the age of three. Mr. and Mrs. Fitzgerald ‘created’ Anna at first thinking that they were only going to use something that Anna would need or miss right after giving birth to her. But thirteen years later and after numerous operations Anna hires an attorney so that she can become medically emancipated from her parents so that she can make her own health decisions. Sara, the mother, is an attorney and she decides to represent herself in the case While all this is going on the oldest child, Jesse, who has been neglected since Kate was diagnosed, is out setting fires to run down old buildings just to get some attention and his father, Brian, has to put them out since he is the captain at a fire house.


The novel's ending has a surprising twist that I was not expecting but I still really liked the novel.

No comments: