Monday, June 8, 2009

Johanna Kelly's Book Review

My Sister's Keeper

By Jodi Picoult

3 - 1/5 stars

Anna was born, not as a mistake, or a surprise, but made to save her sister's life. Anna's sister, Kate, has a very deadly form of leukemia; if Anna weren't an exact match for blood and bone marrow transplants, then Kate would die. Now, Kate needs a kidney. Anna does not want to help her sister anymore.

I was glued to this book, every chapter is from a different character's viewpoint. I went between wanting Anna to just give up the kidney to wanting to hug her and say its all over. My Sister's Keeper deserves 3 1/5 stars because the author seemed to throw in things that weren't needed and that didn't make sense. On June 26 the movie will be released, read the book first, then see the movie!

3 comments:

Bryce F. said...

there was a movie about this and it was sad. so i imagine this book might be depressing.

Johanna said...

This book was depressing, but unlike most, I enjoyed the movie better. It made more sense. I don't want to spoil the book though, but I was disappointed at the flaws in the story.

Anonymous said...

I actually thought the movie was semi confusing, if the book is more confusing, then I probably won't read it.