Monday, December 17, 2012

Powerless--Reveiewed by Alexandra Lopez

Powerless

Powerless
Author: Matthew Cody


Daniel just your average kid moves into a town, where its said to the 'safest'. The people are nice and so are his classmates. However he did notice a few acting a bit weird, but thought nothing of it. Then notices something off and starts to follow them home. The group notices and pills him to the side and reveal their secret. Their pals, the best of friends, except when one of his friends says could he stay with him for the night. They tell him another secret of theirs they forgot to mention. At thirteen you become powerless and lose your memories of ever having them. Being the good friend he is, he stays with him. Daniel is pulled into the towns big mystery and soon his friends rely heavily on him to solve the mystery of the thing that keeps stealing memories and powers. Can Daniel help his friends? Or will he die because of it?

I loved the book, mainly for the concept of these kids able to have superpowers. The book grabbed my attention when I read it was about super power heroes. How cool would it be to fly or have super strength? I loved each character and their little quirks it made them feel real. However I didn't like the story, it was good, just I didn't like how he focused on the fact that your special without superpowers. Your special regardless, a person can do things, others can't. This book is childish it is meant for preteens, because Daniels friends have super powers but fear of losing them when they turn thirteen.  I wouldn't dismiss this from my opinion alone, it's a great book to read, it's just wasn't my cup of tea.

No comments: