Monday, January 14, 2013

Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick - Reviewed by Stephanie Best



Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Reviewed: Stepanie Best
     Patch is a fallen angel. Nora is Nephilim. Together, trouble is bound to follow. Nora has sworn an oath to lead her late father's army of Nephilim against the fallen angels. If she doesn't, she and her mother will die. The problem is, she doesn't want anyone to fight, let alone kill. She has only one option: convince the Nephilim to stop the war. To gain their trust, she must pretend to break up with the love of her life, Patch, and date a highly ranked Nephilim, Dante. All goes well for a while until covers begin getting blown. Can Nora trust anyone? Even Patch? And what will become of her new addiction to devilcraft, a drink that extremely enhances her strenth but is slowly rotting her body away as well?
     I liked this book, but I didn't love it. The fourth and final book of the Hush Hush series, I found Finale to be average. I felt like a lot of the story dragged on. I did enjoy the ending, and the plot twist completely took me off guard. One thing I know for sure is that this book should not be read before the others in the series starting with Hush Hush, then Crescendo, and Silence. If any of the books are read out of order, I can almost guarantee the reader will get lost and confused. All in all, I'm glad the series has come to an end; I just wish that the final book had been better. 

1 comment:

TheBookNurse said...

It would be nice to mention this is number 4 and the end of the series as well as a bit from each of the previous books as well as their titles.