Monday, February 11, 2013

Suck-It Up-- Reviewed by Alexandra Lopez

Suck It Up


Author: Brian Meehl
Reviewer: Alexandra Lopez

After graduating from the International Vampire League, a scrawny teenage vampire named Morning McCobb is given the chance to fulfill his childhood dream of becoming a superhero when he embarks on a mission to become the first vampire to reveal his identity to humans and to demonstrate how peacefully-evolved, blood-substitute-drinking vampires can use their powers to help humanity. He ends up falling for Portia Dredful, a beautiful, strong willed girl. Things get harder, however, as he has to resist the temptation of sucking Portia's blood. Will McCob be able to resit?

I really did enjoy this book. The most that I've enjoyed from this was the explanation given to why they don’t burn. I like mythical creatures, just as much as the next guy. However it bothers me when vampires can withstand the sun. It’s basic knowledge that vampires burn in the sun. But in Suck-It Up it gives a reasonable reason why they don’t burn, which I was pleased with. Of course the book overall was good, but there could have sped up some parts. If you enjoy vampires then you should read it. I recommended to those that enjoy sparkly vampires that this isn’t your book.

2 comments:

Shiri Asangwe said...

This was a very good book. It stays interesting and gets intense. If you like vampires and love , read this book.

Katie McCubbin said...

I think I am going to read this book!