Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Panic - reviewed by: Portia Rockers

                                      
Heather is a young girl in her teens who lives in a town called Carp. Carp only has a population of 12,000 people, and is in the middle of nowhere. Since there isn't much to do in Carp the graduating seniors play a game called panic. Heather has never found interest in the game but, the thought of the large cash prize starts to change her mind. Even though the game is dangerous and her sister is paralyzed from last years game she decides to play. Dodge who isn't afraid of the game enters as well, and even though Heather is seen as one of the weaker competitors he and her form an alliance. And maybe something more. 

I thought this book was great and I really liked it. I gave the book four stars because I thought the concept of the game was a bit like Hunger Games, but the author was able to make it different and unique. I really liked the chemistry between Dodge and Heather, they were so cute. Heather was a really unique voice and you can really feel the emotions she goes through as the book progresses. I also like how the book is realistic, it takes place in modern times, and I like how she shows the flaws that the characters have. I would recommend this book to people who like thrill, action, and some romance. They are also making this book into a movie, which I'm excited to see how it will turn out. 

3 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

I do want to read this as I really liked her book, BEFORE I FALL.

Pedro Leverette said...

I wish I could play the PANIC game.

Anonymous said...

I thought this book was a little interesting, but it wasn't my favorite. Nothing about it really grabbed my attention and only a few things made me want to keep reading. Some of the characters I didn't really like either. I liked the concept of Panic and I thought the idea of it was interesting.