Monday, December 15, 2014

Brutal Youth -- Review by Arinze Mgbemena




"Brutal Youth" is a story of a group of kids Peter Davidek, Noah Stein, and Lorelei Paskal being introduced to their first year of high school. It also talks about their horrible experience with bullying in their freshmen year. For Peter it brings us to how he saw bullying on his first day of school and how he immediately tried to avoid it at all cost. In Lorelei's case she tries as hard as she can to fit in with the popular upperclassmen in the school. So she won't have to be treated as the others getting bullied she joins a group of girls called the "Miss St.Mikes". The group of freshmen decide it'd be best for them to gang up to make up ways to keep them all out of the way of the bullies. They try to befriend everybody the best way they can. But while trying too accomplish that task in some situations they make bad decisions that cost them.

This book truly didn't remind me allot of my own freshmen year. From the bullying standpoint of the book I can not remember myself getting bullied like that by upperclassman. Although I can remember other freshmen getting bullied in some of the ways the book talks about. This book did teach me that I should be thankful of my freshmen year high school. Because it could've been as bad as these freshmen in the book. It also taught me that as a freshmen you start to procrastinate on how to fit in, in high school. It seems as if that's what most freshmen think worry about the most. This book would probably be a very good book for most freshmen kids in high school. I myself would recommend it to anyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds very good I might read it