Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Forget Tomorrow~ Reviewed by Hailey Hinrichs




 


 


 
 
          In a world where your future has already been decided for you, Callie anxiously awaits her 17th birthday to see what her destiny holds for her. But when she sees that her future only holds trouble, she's dumbstruck watching her future self kill her little sister. Shortly after, she's placed in Limbo which is a prison for future criminals.
          When she escapes from Limbo, she tries to change events to alter her future so she doesn't end up taking her sister's life. In trying to run from the government and hoping she can change the future, she sets up events that she hopes will create a new future. If she can't, she will have to find a way to save her sister from the biggest threat of her life; herself. 
            I really enjoyed this book so I gave it 4 stars. I really enjoyed how Callie progressed throughout the book and her actions. I really like Dunn's choice of writing and how she didn't rush the events to get through the book. I liked that each event was very well thought out to help the progression of the book. What I loved most about the book was the dystopian society and being able to see your future right before you. That is extremely interesting to think about because I know a lot of people want to see how their future will play out and what direction they should go in. All in all I really enjoyed this book, and I would recommend it to any of my friends.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this book sounds like a good read!

Anonymous said...

This review was intriguing because of this review I may read it at some point. The review give enough information about the book but didn't reveal the whole story. I think this book would be a good read in the future.

Anonymous said...

Hailey,

I was a sucker, and still am at times, for dystopian novels; however, do you think there is an overabundance of authors going the dystopian route? You said you enjoyed how the character developed throughout the story, but in what in comparison to other dystopian novels you have read? Were you able to grow an emotional attachment to the character?

The idea of knowing your future is a bit freaky and I am already making up the scenarios I might face in this world...perhaps my future would be losing my mind at school as I went on a blind rampage because kids don't read enough!!! I kid. But, this plot seems captivating in regards to the sibling relationship.

Anonymous said...

Miss Carnes,

Honestly, I think a lot of author have started going the dystopian route and I'm sure, although there ar many great dystopian books out there, the problem with so many people writing about the same thing is it gets old... Pretty quickly too. But this book was very good! Another character this reminded me of was the main character from the Matched Series. Although I didn't like that whole series as much, the main character was in a similar situation, trying to really find herself and change how things are in order to save people she loves. I was in the way grow an attachment to the character because Callie is fighting so hard to save her sister and I myself, probably like most other siblings, am extremely protective of my little sibling. So this book makes you start to think about what you might do in her situation, and I'd be the same way, working as hard as I could to make sure my sibling wasn't harmed.