Monday, March 7, 2016

Atlantia~ Reviewed by Hailey Hinrichs

 


 

 
           All Rio has dreamed of is a the life outside of underground city of Atlantia. She's always had her sister at least by her side but when her sister makes an unexpected choice, she's left by herself, alone and trying to continue to silence her siren voice. When she feels she has nothing left to lose, she makes a plan that leads her to question her mother's death and her own destiny.  It also leads her to question the people who govern the Divide between the sea and land. As she continues through the story, she learns that she must know the past of her people in order to find how to help the people of Atlantia.
 
            I liked this book so I gave it a 3 out of 5 stars. I was worried about whether I would like this book or not because I didn't enjoy the other series Matched that Ally Condie also wrote. This book was good though. Honestly I thought this book was actually going to be about mermaids but I liked the idea of having a city under water where humans could live. I also liked that this wasn't a book I wanted to just speed through. Ally Condie does have very good writing and I like her style. The thing that really made me only like this book was there was a lot of slow parts. That's also something that made me not like the Matched series as much as well. But all in all, I did like this book and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys fantasy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This book definitely seems like something that while in some spots may be enjoyable, but in others maybe not so enjoyable. Still might be a book to look into reading though