Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Johanna Kelly's Book Review

Angus Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging

Louise Rennison

5 stars

There are a few things wrong with your life. You have a little sister, but you love her. You have a best friend, but you sometimes hate her. You have awkward social skills, but people love you. You don’t have any serious drama and you’re hilarious. On the top of that, you keep a journal.

This book is about Georgia, a 14 year old British girl who sees all her flaws and just wants to be normal. However, she ultimately realizes that no one is normal.

I love this book! It is so lighthearted, and it is hilarious. It is perfectly innocent. I had to stop reading just to laugh! Its refreshing after reading so many books about drugs, rape, death, etc. Also, this is a ten book series, and there’s a movie!

8 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

This is a cute series -- and the movie was good too!
Nice review.

Johanna said...

I need to see the movie. I don't know if I will read all of them--I've never finished a series!

Jo Burdett said...

I think you should finish thi series, Johanna. From all these awesome reviews..It seems I'll have plenty to read for summer and college!

Ana Stock said...

So, I have a confession to make...I had seen this book on the shelf and put it away about 100 times, but until I went to London I had no idea what "snogging" was. Needless to say, I am now very aware of what it means and the book sounds funny!

Hope Austin said...

The series is really addicting. It fleshes out the characters as goes along and introduces a couple of new love interests, all while being hilarious.

Bryce F. said...

i think i saw some movie trailers on this book.. It doesnt seem to catch my interest but it sounds like a great book for a teenage girl.

Johanna said...

Actually, I'm not too interested in finishing the series. My comfort zone involves books where a main character ends up dying. It was nice to get away from the usual, but I think this was it.

Anonymous said...

I agree, this is definitely a refreshing, light-hearted book! It's one of those rare books for me that goes along with the movie which is just as good!