Sunday, March 21, 2010

Johanna Kelly's Book Review

WAKE

by Lisa McMann

**** stars

Your fingers go numb. Then your body falls limp. And you are falling into a dream. Someone else’s dream. Most likely, someone else’s nightmare. You would do anything to make it stop, but you can’t.

This is Janie’s reality. She falls into people’s dreams, it interferes with everything, she can’t tell anyone.

This is a thrilling, quick read. Its different from what I normally read--it has some aspects of fantasy in it--but it also has a deep emotional story. It deals with alcoholism, domestic violence, drug abuse, bullying, and poverty. Of course, if you are interested in dream analysis, this is the book for you. Check it out today! There is even a sequel, FADE.

5 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

I liked both Wake and Fade -- there is now a third one called Gone!

Good job on your review. Glad to see you branching out a bit, Johanna. See, fantasy isn't all bad!

Johanna said...

Thank you. I don't think it was all fantasy; It was more about her life and the emotional story that went along with all of her problems.

Jo Burdett said...

..Sounds awesome. I'll buy these over the summer, and let you know what I think!

Bryce F. said...

I always like interpreting my dreams because i feel that they are telling me something. This might be a fun read.

Johanna said...

I agree. In this book dreams are so painful. It was a fast read, I read each book in one sitting.