Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Willow reviewed by Molly Varney

By Julia Hoban *****

"It's hard to keep a secret when it's written all over your body" After a horrible accident killed Willow's parents, she was forced to live with her brother, David, and his wife and daughter. She soon found out after living with David and not feeling any love from him because of what happened, that she could numb herself to any more feelings by cutting herself. After a while, she met Guy, who found out about her secret. When Willow finally made him promise not to tell David he decided to stay with her and try to help her. Willow at first tried to reject any help from him, but after a while she couldn't help but start to have feelings for Guy. As Willow tried to sort out her feelings for Guy she also tried to get her relationship with her brother back to normal.

I loved this book. I thought that Guy's character was realistic because he acted like almost anyone would if they found out someone they knew was cutting themselves. I gave it five stars because I really liked how the story was set. It wasn't a perfect ending because in real life it never is, but it never lost my attention. There were a few parts that I didn't really like because of the cutting but there wasn't too much. Over all I really liked it and I enjoyed reading it.


2 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

I will need to remember that this book is about cutting when people ask me for books on that subject. Nice review!

Anonymous said...

ooh~! I remember when I first read this~! I really liked it too. Just like you said Molly it kept my attention. The girl kind of made me mad on some parts but the ending just made it a better book. X)