Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lost in Time--a review by Nallely Saavedra



Lost in Time by Melissa De La Cruz
*** Stars

"Gabrielle's daughter will lead us back to salvation. She will lead the Fallen back to Paradise."

They say love is stronger than any feeling.

In some cases it is..in others it's the destruction of something bigger than love itself.

After a long time of fighting, tears, yearning, and love...Schuyler Van Alen and Jack Force have bonded. The biggest mistakes of their lives was falling in love.
That doesn't stop them from trying to be happy. Forced to fled their homes and leave their families behind, together they go to Egypt, looking for answers to everything Schuyler has been told. It's her legacy to save the Blue Bloods..yet everything she's been told..turns out to be a lie. Allegra Van Alen went into a coma years ago, leaving behind Schuyler and her "sister" Bliss. Leaving Schuyler with the only clue to how to save her kind and her love. "My daughter I am in you. Never forget that." Ever since finding out she's a Blue Blood, unique to her kind, Schuyler has had nothing but trouble in her life and just when she starts to relax along side Jack Force...they are forced to separate and this time they don't know if it's forever.

Will Schuyler save her kind? Will she ever find the happiness she's always wished for? Will Jack still love Schuyler?

Mimi Force has always hated Schuyler Van Alen. But now all she wants is to save her true love, Kingsley Martin. And to do that..she has to go to the ends of Hell to get him back. Risking her soul to save him..what will be the outcome of the Force Twins?

I rated this book a 3 stars because it is very confusing if you haven't read the first 5 books in the series. I had a lot of trouble coming up with a review...anyways I really didn't enjoy this book because personally I believe it should have ended at like book four. But so many questions weren't answer and hopefully they will be in the FINAL book, The Gates of Paradise. I like Schuyler but sometimes she is naive and I disliked how she abandoned Oliver, her best-friend, all because of Jack. I also dislike the whole "bonding" thing..like just call it marriage please! This book really confused me because some chapters went back to Schuyler's mom, Allegra(Gabrielle) and I don't see the point in that because she wasn't a protagonist in the first 5 books, although she was mentioned a few times. I also dislike this book because the ending...just made me really mad. X<. I don't want to spoil it for anyone. Overall I feel like it could've been way better but I'm definitely going to read the last installment.

Blue Bloods Series: Blue Bloods #1, Masquerade #2, Revelations #3, The Van Alen Legacy #4, Misguided Angel #5, Lost in Time #6, & Companion books The keys to the Repository & Bloody Valentine. Also the finale of the series will be The Gates of Paradise. If you wish to follow Bliss' story read Wolf Pact, to be published in 2012.

-Nallely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great book.

TheBookNurse said...

This does sound confusing but I know a lot of young ladies have read and eagerly followed this series! Good review.

Anonymous said...

I've heard that a lot of people like this series, but I'm not sure i can stand another story about vampires. I probably won't be reading this.