Sunday, November 27, 2011

Glow--reviewed by Nallely S.

Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan

***Stars
"If a sudden attack destroyed the only world you'd ever known, Would you be brave enough to save who was left? Would love be strong enough to survive the fight? Either way, there's no turning back." -Glow

What if the life you knew changed within seconds. Seconds that could determine your future....and decisions that impact everyone you know. Waverly's life changes in mere seconds when her home, The Empyrean, a ship on it's way to New Earth, is attacked by its sister ship, The New Horizon. Waverly knows it's her destiny to marry young and have children. Kieran, her boyfriend, proposes to her on the day their world collapses. But she can't help the strong feelings she has for Seth, a past-friend. Then one day while with Kieran everything changes. Every girl on The Empyrean is kidnapped and taken to the New Horizon. Forced to leave or let her loved ones die, Waverly boards the shuttle taking every girl to The New Horizon. Secrets will be unleashed. Friendships will be torn apart. New relationships will be formed...but will Waverly make the right choices?

This new series will have you asking for more! In a world where everything you know becomes everything you've ever wanted. Love and Survival..which one will conquer?


I gave Glow ***stars because I though it would've been better b/c this is usually the type of books or novels I read. I didn't like how it left things hanging..maybe they will be stated in the next installment but for now I kind-of dislike this book. I think the one thing I actually liked in Glow was how Waverly and some of the characters never gave up on their humanity. Most characters are cowards but in Glow it felt different. I dislike love-triangles like the one in this book. I don't know I felt like Glow could've been way better, hopefully the next one is.

-Nallely S.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found this book to be okay. However, I don't plan on reading the next book in the series. Not really my cup of tea.