Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Line--reviewed by Nallely S.



The Line by Teri Hal
* * * * * Stars


"What lies on the other side of the line?"- The Line

Can you imagine living in a world where love is a dangerous thing? Where you lived in a city surrounded by an invisible shield and keeping you from the outside world? That's exactly how Rachel lives, day to day. Life on the Property is pretty much all Rachel has seen, except the day she tried to cross The Line. The Line is the barrier that stands between The Property and Away. Rachel always seems fascinated by it but her love for her mother keeps her from trying to leave again. That is until she finds a "letter" asking for help....a "letter" that comes from...Away. Rachel doesn't know what to do until her mom tells her the truth and why she tried to hide Rachel during an Identification.

"There's only one way to find out."- The Line
Rachel goes into Away to help the ones who sent the "letter".

I gave The Line, ***** Stars because it's a new type of book, at least that I've read. I liked the way it was written and how Hall did the pacing of the plot. Although Rachel's mom, Vivian, makes me mad; her and Rachel's dads' story is very romantic. ") I enjoyed reading this book because it shows that love and parties,etc aren't everything in the world. The end was really good because it gives us a hint that Rachel's dad isn't dead...that all this time he has been alive and in Away. So I can't wait to read the sequel......Away~! ")

-Enjoy
Nallely Saavedra

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds really interesting. I've heard about it but I never really knew what it was about.

Anonymous said...

I've been itching to get my hands on this book. So I've been told, it's similar to The Giver, which I absolutely adored. Though these trippy, attempted "perfect world" type books with main characters rebelling seem to be another genre that I can get through in no time. Creepy how people raised in such perfect and exact worlds can always manage to find the less-than-great outside. I want to read this as soon as possible! Seems like a great book, have hopes for this one!