Sunday, March 24, 2013

Along for the Ride - Reviewed by Stephanie Best



Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
Reviewed by Stephanie Best


            Auden, a young woman in her summer before college, has missed out on a lot of normal experiences. She missed out on friends, prom, and even riding a bike. On an impulse decision, she decides to spend the summer with her dad, his new wife, and her new baby sister, Thisbe. One day, she decides to get at her stepmother’s boutique, and a whole new world opened up to her: friends, a social life, and a mysterious guy. Through her new friends, she meets Eli, a loner who, like Auden, stays up all hours of the night. Together, in the late night hours, they begin on a “quest” for Auden to experience many things she had missed out on as a child. Their attraction to each other starts growing. Are either of them ready to take that ride? Will others get hurt along the way? And how will her relationship with her father pan out?

                A few weeks ago, I read Dreamland by Sarah Dessen, and I did not particularly enjoy it. However, I have read a few of her other books that I did like so I decided to give this book a chance. I’m glad I did. Of her books, Along for the Ride is one of my favorite books so far by Sarah Dessen. I thought it was a cute story. The only problem I had with the story was the resolution. It seemed uneventful to me. However, I still really enjoyed the story and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a young adult romance with a happy ending and to anyone who enjoys many of Sarah Dessen’s other works.

3 comments:

Maddy Salanski said...

I thought Along for the Ride was an amazing book. It really captured my attention on how some people have to deal with their teenage years. If you want a book about drama and love read Along for the Ride

Anonymous said...

Sarah Dessen is one of my favorite authors and this is one that I have not yet had the chance to read. This book is definitely on my list to read.

Anonymous said...

This book has to be one of my favorite books ever!!! I loved how both the characters were social outcasts but to each other they were everything. I also liked how there was family problems, and that "Auden" didn't have a perfect life. Your review I thought was pretty good and gave specific details that would make people want to read the book.