Monday, March 25, 2013

Forever--Alexandra Lopez



Author: Judy Blume
Reveiwed by Alexnadra Lopez

Katherine is a teenage girl that is halfway finished with high school. Just like some teenager, she is in a relationship. Her boyfriend is Michael. Their relationship is unique, sincere, intense, and fun all at the same time. Although they haven't been together all that long, they know it's serious. A whole world opens up as young passion and sexuality bloom.
But it's senior year of high school, and there are big changes ahead. Michael and Katherine are destined for another big "first", a decision. Is this true love, or puppy love?
To be honest I didn't think I like it. I am not a big fan of romance novels, but this was more about a teen falling in love. The book showed not all relationships are forever. However Katherine learned this lesson the hard way, but who can blame her? Spoiler; we will never know if Michael slept with anyone while the two were separated for summer.  It's more than likely he said those things to hurt her. However this story is pretty dated, you can find little details that show its true age. For example Katherine's mother tells her she is only allowed fifteen minutes on the phone to talk to her friends. That wasn't all, there was also several things, like a fondue party, kids didn't date, they are going out.  I give this book a rating of 4 stars. It wasn't disappointing at all, I recommend checking it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really liked this book. I liked the romance between Katheren and Michael. I also enjoyed how you formatted your review, it caught the eye and made me feel like I absolutely had to read it.