Monday, January 20, 2014

If The Witness Lied - Reviewed by Portia Rockers




If The Witness Lied- Reviewed by Portia Rockers

Author: Caroline B. Cooney


If the Witness lied is about a family who has a murder happen. The family has four kids: Madison, Jack, Tris, and Smithy. Madison Fountain who is the main character and the rest of her siblings are forced to live with their Aunt Cheryl, due to the death of their father's. Madison and Jack, two of the older Fountain teens start to learn that their father's death may not have been an accident. And maybe their aunt may not have been as innocent as she seems.

I really enjoyed the book a lot, it was a fast read, and made me want to keep reading. I loved the fact that  Madison acted mature and was smart yet calm. She handled a lot of surprising things in a very calm and adult way. Madison also took time to think about a lot of her plans and was a quick thinker. One of the problems I did have with the book was one of the Fountain siblings was Smithy, and she was a female which struck me as odd. Another thing I disliked about the book was how nasty Cheryl was. I also had mixed feelings about the ending, which had a twist to it. The reason I gave the book four stars was because I felt the book could of gone into more detail. Also there were few scenes that made me upset or angry. If you enjoy If the Witness Lied you might like Jane in Bloom and Bull Rider. I would recommend this book to people who enjoy murder and mystery type books.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like something that could be either phenomenal or boring and dragged out. The characters' names also seem like they would irritate me too much to focus on the actual story and I would want to rush through the book to avoid ever having to say the name "Madison Fountain" ever again.

TheBookNurse said...

I do wish authors would stop with the "cute" names. It irritates me as well.