Sunday, February 2, 2014

Confessions of a Murder Suspect Review by Paige Espinosa


     In this book, Tandoori "Tandy" Angel and her siblings, Harry, Matty, and Hugo, are the prime suspects in their parents' murder. Tandy can't rule anyone out, even herself, when she realizes she needs to uncover her family's secrets. Tandy's parents, Malcolm and Maud Angel, were millionaires who seemingly had everything, so why were they killed? Who could possibly benefit from their deaths?
     I gave this book three out of five stars because the names of the characters in this book were just too ridiculous for me at times and I couldn't stand reading them. "Royal Rampling" and "Capricorn Caputo" made me cringe while reading them. This book should have been an easy, quick read, but the story just wasn't intriguing enough, the characters were way too weird, and I called the ending before I got to page 50. I might recommend it to a pre-teen but it seems just too simple for most high schoolers.

2 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

So does this mean you aren't going to read the second one in the series?

Anonymous said...

I love James Paterson's work so I might give this book a chance. I also love mysteries and the plot seems interesting.