Monday, September 28, 2015

Everything Everything--Reviewed by Sarah Roberts











                    Imagine being stuck in your house and not able to leave because if you do, you will literally explode. Well that's the life of "Madeline Whitter". You see, she has this disease that makes her allergic to absolutely everything. She lives in a quiet home with her mother and "Carla", her nurse. Life is always constant...that is until Olly moves to town. Nothing will ever be the same. Follow Madeline through the duration of her illness and later find that she may not be the sick one in her home.
               I gave this book four and a half out of five stars. It grabbed your attention and definitely made you want to read more. I haven't really read anything like this book before. Madeline seemed be pretty well developed and seem to have the desire for freedom of any normal teen. One thing I thought could use a little work would have been the plot line. It seemed to need a little more development, but otherwise it was well written. I would recommend this to my friends because it makes you feel what Madeline feels. It makes you want desperately the freedom that Madeline wants. So all in all this is a great book.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine what it would be like to be locked up in my house for such a long time! I think it would be a really good read.

Anonymous said...

I really like this book and how it has an individual mood to it, but the characters read a bit...trope-y. Olly is the typical gorgeous genius hidden under the dark cloud of his family issues, clad in all black and waiting for the perfect girl to spill his guts to. At least Madeline has a reason for her naïveté and rebellious spouts of anger, seeing as her mother is comforting to a fault. But Olly seems like an archetype taken from an online generator for novice authors. Don't get me wrong, I love this book and the plot twist at the end is perfect, but I think the Oliver could really use some polishing as a character.