Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Wink Poppy Midnight--Reviewed by Sarah Roberts






 
 
“When you look into the darkness, the darkness looks into you."

We all fall in love with someone at some point in our lives. We obsess over that one person, even if they treat us like we are nothing. That's exactly the case for Midnight.

 Midnight has been in love with Poppy since the first night she climbed through his window. Her jasmine scent filling his mind, capturing his very heart. The thing is, Poppy only uses Midnight for a good time and then she goes back to treating him like dirt.

So when Midnight moves next to Wink, things begin to change. Midnight begins to think less of the girl with perfect hair, and more of the girl with wild curly orange hair. He feels at peace around the girl stuck in the stories of magic, and on edge around the girl in reality.

So when Wink's stories become reality, ending with the disappearance of Poppy, Midnight begins to discover things about Wink and Poppy he never new existed.

Will this story end in violence, or do the characters get their happily ever after?

I love this story! I like how each character has the chance to narrate their own points of view. I think each character was unique in their own special way and it created a wonderful dynamic. I love how the storyline didn't end up like a normal love story. There is adventure, revenge, love, and even some surprising outcomes in this story. All in all these characters were well written and I enjoyed each and every one of them. I would definitely recommend these to my friends and family!
 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This book sounds really good! It's always nice seeing someone finally move on from someone who has treated them so badly. I hope that happens in this story! I'll have to read it!

Anonymous said...

Hailey,

I think you would really enjoy this book. Yes there is a romance, but it isn't one of those sappy romance stories which I think you would enjoy a lot.