Monday, March 2, 2009

Johanna Kelly's Book Review

The Night My Sister

Went Missing

By Carol Plum-Ucci

2 stars


The Night My Sister Went Missing was disappointing. To start off, it wasn’t well written; I was more than halfway through the book when I realized the main character was male. It didn’t grab my attention. It was also very confusing. I wondered how two teenage boys were able to listen to police interviews. Most of the story seems unlikely.

It starts off with a seventeen year old brother, just out of high school, and a fifteen year old sister just out of her sophomore year, hanging out with the same friends, when their parents are out of town. Then suddenly, the fifteen year old disappears. No one knew how or why. The book is told by the older brother, and takes place mainly at a police station, listening to people confess what they think happened. The brother seems to show no emotion when he is with his best friend, thinking about his sister.

The reason I finished this book was because I wanted to know what happened to the sister. I’m not giving anything away, but it was very disappointing overall.

2 comments:

Chance N said...

Well that does sound fairly boring but in all fairness most guys would try to hide their feelings in front of friends so that really shouldnt surprise anyone there.

Anonymous said...

I guess so. The whole having no emotion thing was wierd to me, but maybe because I would be very emotional in a similar situation. Yeah, the book was pretty boring.