Monday, September 21, 2009

Johanna Kelly's Book Review

Right Behind You
Gail Giles
4.5 stars

Isn't it amazing how one's life can change based on one impulsive choice? One choice that was made because of jealousy and pain. One choice changed Kip McFarland's life forever. Kip McFarland murdered a seven year old boy when he was only nine.

Right Behind You is a strong emotional story about guilt and pain. The story is different from most young adult books that I've read because its told from the point of view of the 'criminal' rather than the victimized. Its a great page turner!

3 comments:

Jo Burdett said...

This sounds different, Johanna! Book are rarely from the Criminal who did the deed, but from those he/she's affected. I will put this on my "To read" list.

Ana Stock said...

Horrible and morbid, I know, but recently on the news there was a story about a fifteen year old girl who murdered another little girl (about 3 years old). This book reminds me of that story. It sounds a little to depressing for my taste, I would rather a chick flick that made me cry than a murder/horror story that sent the tears rolling down my face. Sorry

Johanna said...

Its fine, this story actually is not that depressing. He killed the boy when he was a boy, he was only nine. Nine is a third grader. He killed him compulsively, if he didn't have the lighter, it would be a fight--maybe a few bruises would result. He didn't want to hurt the boy, he just wanted to ruin his baseball glove, out of jealousy--the seven year old was a bully. It is easy to identify with Kip.