Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Awakened- Review by Aspen Gates


Awakened


P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast


****stars



Awakened is the eighth book in The House of Night series, and it continues on with Zoey and her friends trying to rid the earth of the evil Neferet and Kalona. However, all of that is put on hold when when in Burned, Zoey soul is shattered and she is stuck in Nyx's Realm. So it's up to Stark and the rest of Zoey's friends to help get her back before it's too late while also trying to get rid of Neferet and Kalona. Now that Zoey has been saved, she and Stark are gaining back there strength and Stevie-Rae is now presiding has the High Priestess at the House of Night in Tulsa, but everything is going wrong. Stevie-Rae is still trying to hide her relationship with Rephaim and to make it worse, Neferet has returned to try and take back the House of Night with the help of Darkness, and kills an innocent boy to do it. With all that's going on, the House of Night is desperate for Zoey to come back home because they believe she is the only one that can destroy Neferet, but there is only one problem. Zoey is not sure that she wants to come back to the House of Night. With all that's going on, who else will die by Neferet's hand? What will happen between Stevie-Rae and Raphaim? Will they be discovered, and if they are, what will be the outcome? And will Zoey return to help not only save the House of Night, but perhaps the world from decay? Read this amazing book to find out.

Awakened I thought was a very important book in this series. It answers a lot of questions that many may have had from reading the first seven books. It also puts together a lot of Aphrodite's visions and makes them come out in this book. I gave this book four stars because like all the others, it keeps me locked in and wanting to know what is going to happen next. So I definitely recommend Awakened along with the rest of the House of Night Series for those who have not read this yet in the O'Hara library. So enjoy and for those who are reading this series, Destined, the next in this amazing series comes out later this year. Yay!

7 comments:

Halea Coulter said...

I got a few pages into the sixth book and I can't take it anymore. I really liked the series but I just can't read it anymore. It lost me with Kalona and his evil bird thingies.

TheBookNurse said...

You know how I feel about paranormal so I will pass on this though I realize it's a very popular series :)

Hope Austin said...

I have not read any books in this series, so I'll pass on this one, too.

Ian Zig. said...

This sounds like a good series.. and you've already told me alot about it! so looks like I'll have to check it out at some point

Amy Lyon said...

I've been told I need to read this, and maybe this year I will.

Aspen Gates said...

Praise the Lord Amy and Ian!! LOL

Anonymous said...

This series started out well but it definitely lost me after the fifth book. The Casts are drawing this plot out in a way that doesn't keep me interested anymore. When I read this book I was more frustrated and confused than anything. Although it ties up some loose ends I just can't get on board with the whole Kalona/Neferet take over the world with eveil bird-men deal.