Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Such a pretty girl--reviewed by Nallely S.


Such a pretty girl by Laura Wiess

* * * * * Stars

"Today my time has run out."-Meredith

For Meredith, that day changed everything. Her father became somthing that constantly haunted her. For three years she was kept safe, because they promised. Except it was suppose to be nine, they only gave her three. At 15years old Meredith was no longer innocent, having been thrown into darkness by none other than her father. Meredith seeks to break free from what happened that day, three years ago. Yet, her nightmare was returning...and he wasn't going to stop.

Follow Meredith in her conquest to finally be free from the pain and darkness.

I gave this book 5 stars because although it's painful to think about..It was a good book. It was straight to the point and it made me realize people..really go through things like this, out there in this small world. It made me sad to think that there are sick people in this world. Yet Meredith's character broke free from her pain and actually did something to stop her father, whom she once loved. She turned her pain into her strength and that takes a lot from someone who went through what she did. ^ ^ A brave person acts, not sit there and wait for someone to take action. I liked this book.

4 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

I thought this was a good book as well. If you like this genre, I have some other titles to suggest to you.

Anonymous said...

I read this a little bit ago and I loved it!

Anonymous said...

Great review!

Anonymous said...

Read this for the second time in one sitting just the other day. Sat down for a few hours and just lost myself in this emotionally distressing book. My favorite type of genre, this focuses on the hard to hear topics that often happen in our world and go unnoticed by the average person. Depicting the stress, terror, and other raw emotions through flashbacks and disturbing moments made the book very realistic and easy to immerse myself in to. I love this book, and am always looking for more books to read like this. Reminds me a lot of my favorite author, Ellen Hopkins.