Monday, May 14, 2012

The Great Gatsby by Kaitlin Kimbrell

The Great Gatsby
by: F. Scott Fitzgerald


Jay Gatsby thought that by changing his whole life and throwing big parties he would end up with the love of his life. Jay started his life in the Midwest with a different name. Jay Gatsby's real name is James Gats, but after he met Daisy he wanted to change his life. He went out and created a life that he knew would win Daisy over. However, life doesn't always turn out as we plan and we cannot recreate the past.
Nick Carraway went to start a new chapter in his life. He moved closer to his cousin Daisy and met Jay Gatsby by happenstance. The two became neighbors and with Nick's help Jay re-meet Daisy. Their lives will forever be changed.
I didn't really enjoy this book because there was too much deception, cheating, and fake people. When we meet Gatsby to me he seems creepy he stares at Daisy's house from a distance and she doesn't know he is there. Then they make Nick help them sneak around Tom (Daisy's husband) so they can see each other. All the while Tom is cheating on Daisy. None of this is okay with me and I really just dislike this book. 


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't like this book, but we all make our own opinion.

Anonymous said...

That doesn't sound like a very good book :/

Anonymous said...

I wanted to read this book. I've heard it is great, and I want to check it out before the movie comes out on Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this book, yes the main character can be a total idiot at times, but he does learn from his mistakes. And it shows that the character more real. I know some people that would react the say way he did.

I would recommend everyone to read it. Also you'll be forced to read it anyway, why not sooner?

Anonymous said...

I'm reading this in my English class right now and so far I actually enjoy it. It's one of the few assigned books I've enjoyed.

Anonymous said...

As one of the classics, my AP class was required to read this at the end of junior year. Winding down the year, I didn't really care about how widely acknowledged this book is - I just wanted to be done with school. But I still gave the book a try and ends up it was one of my favorite ones I've read during my high school education. Thrilling and twisted and actually kind of awful, the story itself allows you to almost feel yourself just how 'roaring' the 1920s were. Yes, this book isn't everything nice and pretty with a happy ending, but if guess that's why I loved it so much. And I even went to see the movie, which is would personally say is just as good as the book itself. A definite 5/5 stars novel!

Anonymous said...

I think this was a really good book. It was very interesting and I really liked Gatsby's story. It was cool.

Anonymous said...

I thought this book was a good book. Although, yes there was deception I thought that it only added to the characters and story line. I did not particularly like Daisy's character at all because she just seemed almost emotionless and only wanted to get ahead in life. I liked your review because you are t afraid to state your opinion of the book, even if others don't exactly agree with it.