Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Summoning-reviewed by Nallely S.


* * * * * STARS

reviewed by Nallely Saavedra

Chloe Saunders knows she isn't crazy. So why is she put in a center for disturbed teens? Well....for one thing she isn't really "normal". Chloe sees dead people. At Lyle House, Chloe notices there is something off about Lyle House. Chloe only wanted to "recover" and get out of there a.s.a.p. But when her room mate disappears, after confessing her secret, Chloe can't just leave. Chloe, along with her fellow room mates, must uncover the truth, even if it means unveiling her secret.

I gave this book 5 stars because I remember checking it out last summer and I was captivated. Yeah, it might be like any other paranormal series/book yet it's so different. Armstrong's characters captivated me like no other. I felt that unlike other paranormal books, Armstrong didn't make her characters perfect, they had flaws from the very beginning. To me that shows that no one is or will ever be perfect. That's reality. I liked that. Haha. I loved the plot and overall enjoyed reading this book!

-Nallely Saavedra

5 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

I know there's a second book in this series, was wondering if I should get it for the library!?

Eric Gossman said...

It looks interesting enough to keep me reading.

James A. said...

This looks like a cute book


James A.

Anonymous said...

When I first heard about this book, I thought it sounded good, but I never picked it up, figuring it was just another paranormal book. If its rated five stars, I may have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

I've read this whole series and the first book is by far the best. It hooked me in the first chapter and I enjoyed it but I felt like the romance got a little overwhelming at times and took away from the actual story rather than adding to it. Parts of it- girl with mysterious power, speaking to ghosts, being sent to a strange home with other "special" kids- also just seemed a little too cliche later on.