Monday, May 6, 2013

Nightshade -- Alexandra Lopez


 
Nightshade
by Andrea Cremer
Reveiwed by Alexandra Lopez
Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she would be mated to the alpha wolf, Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything- including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice.
I loved the lore they used for werewolves; however I was too keen on our Heroine Calla. She was clichéd, falling for a human at one of the worst times. She falls for a human she saved, which was a big no-no. But overall I loved the side characters; they seemed better developed than Calla. Maybe because I’m not too fond of romance, but it didn’t seem believable. From what I tool was that Calla loved him. She said it was meant to be. The romance was forced and the book would have done better without it.
 I liked Ren better than Shay. Ren was a jerk, but he knew what was important. His views were twisted, but he had conviction and that’s what I liked most about him. He was just boring; there was nothing interesting about him. Then now that I think about it, maybe that’s why she loved him. Shay was different, he was human after all. He was normal, something Calla would never be, or at least experience. Still, Shay was boring, nothing would change that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the type of book I like to read!