Friday, September 13, 2013

Anna Dressed in Blood -- reviewed by Desarae Coffey





Anna Dressed in Blood

Anna is a ghost, she was murdered in 1958. She was sentenced to haunt the house she was murdered in by a curse put on her by her cruel mother. She is dressed in the same white dress that she was murdered in that is now stained with blood. Anna murders people and leaves no trace of their dealth but she doesn't want to kill people and struggles to control the evil inside her. Then she meets Cas.

Cas is a ghost hunter. His dad was also a ghost hunter but he was killed by a demon named Obachman, the same demon after Cas. Cas uses his dads special knife called an athame to kill the evil ghost. He and his mother move from place to place chasing ghost and end up at Thunder Bay after hearing about The ghost of Anna, a ghost committing horrible murders.

Cas meets the most popular girl in school named Carmel and they become friends. Carmel's ex boyfriend Mike gets jealous of Cas and tries to trick him, taking him to Anna's house. This is what Cas was hoping for, Anna ends up killing Mike that first night Cas meets Anna. Cas intends to kill Anna and Anna intends to murder Cas, however the two develop feelings for each other and neither can do what they intended to do. In the end, Anna sacrifices herself to save Cas by leading Obachman to a hole in the floor that leads to hell.

I loved this book! It was scary and suspenseful and kept me wanting more! Anna is scary and dangerous but at the same time she is vulnerable and you find yourself liking her. There is a hint of a love store in the middle of the evil and fear. I would say this book really has it all, there is something for everyone.




".....JUST YOUR AVERAGE BOY-MEETS-GIRL, GIRL-KILLS-PEOPLE

3 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

I am not sure this is my type of book, but you did make it sound interesting!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved this book, it was thrilling and I agree it kept me wanting more. I do feel like you gave away the ending in the review. But I still think you did a good review over the book.

Anonymous said...

I love dark books! Especially with murderous ghosts! The cover caught my attention and just seems like something I want to read!