Friday, December 20, 2013

Since You Asked --Reviewed by Desarae Coffey

t

Since You Asked by Maurene Goo

I choose to give Since You Asked.. Three out of five stars because I got bored reading it. there was nothing there that kept me wanting more.

Sine You Asked begins with the fifteen-year-old high school newspaper editor who prints a horrifying article that ends up being the worst mistake of her high school life. Kim Holly summits an article that rips every one to shreds destroying any friendship had. To get through the rest of her year she writes another article explaining her emotions. All while still earning the respect of her strict parents considering she is a Korean. She is your typically teenage who just happens to have a big mouth. Kim is now face to deal with all the haters while earning back the respect.

Personally this would have not been my first choice, because I'm more in the paranormal and horror stories. Since You Asked  has no expense, there for me to keep interested. If you into typical teen drama then i highly recommend this book, but if your life me this book is not for you.   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds exactly like Read it and Weep, that one Disney movie from forever ago. I loved that movie when I was 13 but I don't think I would read this book.

Anonymous said...

I AGREE WITH PAIGE. Though it sounds like it's trying to reach the level of high schoolers interest, it kinda sounds from this review that it missed. I paged quickly through this book before, when we first got it, and it seemed like a decent read. But this review unfortunately brought down those expectations.