Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Pretty Wicked ~ Reviewed by Elizabeth Barnes

"The one everyone fears, but no one suspects."


Image result for pretty wicked book cover



Image result for 3.5 out of 5 stars





Ryann is a fifteen year old girl, who wants to commit a murder. Through much thought, Ryann goes through with it. This ultimately starts a  game of cat and mouse between Ryann and her father, a detective, and the rest of his police force. Ryann has spent almost all of her life studying from these great cops and detectives. So of course she knows how to cover her tracks, and she knows how to make it difficult for the police to catch her.

I really enjoyed the plot and its uniqueness, and the story was creative and well written. Ryann was a very believable character, despite her many flaws. I understand why she acted the way she did - I would never in a million years commit a murder, but Ryann did not just wake up one day and say "Hey! Maybe I will commit a murder today!" She is a protagonist, moved far very far away from what society considers "normal". I found myself in more ways than one relating to Ryann.

She has many fatal flaws - and many actions that make her seem immature. Including many deep psychological issues rooted from her childhood. I expected immaturity coming from a fifteen year old, but I did not expect a killer inside of a fifteen year old. I also really enjoyed her group of friends, it was very interesting reading a book from the point of view of a vigilante killer.

Special thanks to NetGalley for the copy.

I give this book a 3.5 out of 5 stars.


No comments: