Thursday, January 29, 2009

Makayla Quinn's Book Review

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, Book 1)
by Richelle Mead

Well, first of all let me just say that I am a bit biased on the topic of vampires. Second, I have to say that Richelle Mead's young adult series, Vampire Academy, is stunning within itself. Rose, the main character, is a lot like myself (except for the half vampire part). She is a sassy teen in charge of guarding her best friend, Lissa from the undead vampires called Strigoi. After being on the run for two years from St. Vladmir's Academy, Rose and Lissa are caught and dragged back there to finish school. Now there are more dangers to cope with, including the mysterious powers that Lissa is forbidden to use (dun,dun,dun), and gossip, the royal blooded vampire's nasty games, and Lissa's Guardian, Dimitri Belikov, who Rose thinks is drop dead sexy.

This book was --all in all -- a fantastic read and I look forward to reading the next two books and the new fourth book that comes out in June of this year.

2 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

Nice job on the review. I may need to look into ordering the rest in the series if there's enough demand and interest.

Anonymous said...

I have had enough books about vampires. I don't think I'll be reading this book.