Friday, January 16, 2009

Meaghan Kimbrell's Book Review

Masquerade
by Melissa de la Cruz

**** stars

Masquerade by Melissa De La Cruz is an excellent sequel to her novel Blue Blood. I highly recommend this book and also this series. This novel will grab your attention from the beginning and keep hold of it until the very end.

Schuyler Van Alen has just recently found out that she and many others at her school come from a long line of blue bloods -- in other words -- vampires. Schuyler and her best friend, Oliver must travel to Venice to find her grandfather whom she didn't know she had anymore. They must try and convince him to return to New York with them and convince the leaders of the blue bloods, also known as the committee, that the blue blood's enemy. the silver bloods. have returned and are killing the young blue bloods.

At the same time, Schuyler is struggling with her relationship with Oliver and she must figure out her relationship with the most popular guy in school, Jack Force.

I give this novel four stars as it was very interesting and held my attention. There was not a second that went by I did not enjoy this book.

4 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

Although I'm not a fan of vampire novels, I've heard this is a good series for those who like them! Nice job on the review.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the person who wrote this review I enjoyed this novel and I have also read the whole series I cant wait until the next novel comes out.

Chance N said...

Yeah sounds just slightly worse than Twilight, like someone trying to make money on the vampire fad. but maybe thats just my opinion.

good reveiw meg but i dont think i will read it. Vampires have enough attention right now

TheBookNurse said...

The third in the series, Revelations, is now available in the library! It seems to be a very popular genre right now -- vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters, paranormal!