Monday, February 2, 2009

Meaghan Kimbrell's Book Review

Joy In the Morning

** stars

by Betty Smith

This book was not good. I did not like it that much at all. The beginning was slow and I thought that it would get better so I kept reading it but I did not get that much better at all. I believe that the book had good parts but over all I did not enjoy it.

The novel was of this young couple, Carl and Annie, that are in love and Carl is in his third year of college while Annie is only eighteen and stopped attending school at the age of fourteen. Annie follows Carl to college before his third year begins and they get married even though Annie’s mother tells her not to. After Carl tells his mother that they are married she stops sending him money. Annie and Carl have to figure out a way to have Carl make it through college so he can be a lawyer and be a newly married couple all at the same time.

1 comment:

TheBookNurse said...

I read this book when I was in high school and thought it was a very sweet romance story! Maybe it's dated now, but at the time it seemed very sweet.