Thursday, April 29, 2010

Before I Fall

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding and memorable..., April 29, 2010


This review is from: Before I Fall (Hardcover)
Although the premise is a bit implausible, teen girls and young adult women will race through this absolutely wonderful novel about a girl who, though dead, keeps reliving the same day, February 12, until she gets it right.

Samantha (Sam) is a high school girl who seems to have everything: she's very popular, pretty, and has great girlfriends and sexy boyfriend. Lurking underneath all that seeming perfection are some dark secrets which reveal that every act or non action has consequences - the "butterfly effect". As Sam relives the last day of her life seven times, she makes changes in the things she says and does. Each time there is a different outcome. Will she manage to do all that needs done so that she can be, not only remembered, but remembered well? As she takes her message of hope - "it's never too late" to those she is trying to help, her heart is saddened by finding that sometimes it's just little things that one can do or say to make a huge difference in someone's life. It is just as easy to heal as it is to hurt -- with words and actions. Sam learns these lessons and more as she races through her last day seven times, just trying to make sense of it all and accept her own fate with grace and peace. A beautiful, poignant novel that brought me near tears.

This is a book I highly recommend. Buy it immediately!

Ms C

8 comments:

Johanna said...

I need to read this soon! It sounds absolutely wonderful!

TheBookNurse said...

It's definitely your kind of book!

Jo Burdett said...

This sounds pretty awesome! I like the whole butterfly effect idea, and it seem like it would an awesome book.

Ana Stock said...

This book sounds kind of cool! I like her attitude, because it reminds me of myself! I might have to grab it and add it to my list for summer reading.

Amy Lyon said...

5 stars? Impressive. Ms. Crawford, I call this as my next book. Could you put it on hold for me? =)

TheBookNurse said...

I liked it a lot!! Not sure if it was my mood at the time -- hope you enjoy it Amy.

George Morejon said...

These butterfly effect stories always hold some sort of appeal for me. I'll definitely look this up sometime.

Nicole Spearman said...

I think i will try this book it looks really good..