Monday, April 12, 2010

Johanna Kelly's Book Review

FADE
Lisa McMann
****stars


You are cursed, but at least this time, you have a mission. Janie is a dream catcher, a person who falls into peoples’ dreams. This is exhausting. She gets a “seizure” every time someone is asleep around her; in class, on buses, even while driving—everywhere. People fall asleep in the strangest places. Janie’s mission is to solve crimes while sneaking into peoples’ dreams. She even works for the police department. A sexual predator might be on the loose at Fieldridge High, and Janie is assigned to find out who he or she is and to catch them. But can she?

This is the sequel to WAKE. I gave this book four stars because it is a fast read, it is a good mystery. However, there were some flaws in the story. If I discuss them that might ruin the book! Check out FADE today, and discuss it with me!

8 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

Nice review, Johanna! And don't forget the third one in the series, "Gone" is also here in the library!

Johanna said...

I finished the series! Its different, and great! I just wish the books were longer.

TheBookNurse said...

I still need to read the last one!

Jo Burdett said...

Im really going to have to buy this series! Everyone ive talked to said the books were good!

Ana Stock said...

HAHA! I am exhausted today and the word sleep caught my eye, but this sounds kind of strange. What kind of flaws did you catch?

Johanna said...

She refers to pop culture, and forgets that she moved the years back, it takes place in 2005, and she mentions Hannah Montana. Things like that. Also, the story isn't completely consistent. However I still loved the books!

Ian Zig. said...

That sounds pretty good, I'll check it out.

nathan bertrand said...

This sounds like a verygoodbook and I'm interestdin reading it