Monday, March 24, 2014

Above reviewed by: Portia Rockers

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
Above is about a sixteen year old named Blythe who lives a normal every day life, she goes to school and hangs out with friends. Until one day she is abducted by the schools librarian Dobbs, who is a survivalist. Dobbs believes that the End is coming and makes a shelter in an abandon missile silo. Blythe must now learn to deal with being locked under ground trying to find away to escape and dealing with insanity. But is Dobbs right about The End? Is her family still looking for her after all this time? And how will she escape with a child?
 
I liked this book a lot! The plot was of the story was really good. In the beginning it was one shock after another. There was a few spots in the book where was a bit dry and boring, but it picked right back up again. I felt really sorry for Blythe and it made me think what I would do if I were in her situation. I found Dobbs interesting as well, though he was creepy I think he loved Blythe. If you like this book you might also like The Lovely Bones, I thought there were some similar aspects in both the books. I recommend this book for some one who likes apocalyptic type books along with kidnapping and mystery.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

TheBookNurse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

When I'd covered this book, I read the inside blurb and KNEW that I wanted to read it as soon as possible. Apocalyptic and dystopian have been recent favorite genres of mine and this seemed like it would hit the spot. I wish the review told a little bit more about the book, but otherwise it makes me sure I wanted to check out this book soon. Thanks for the in depth review Ms. C, hope I can get ahold of it! Great review Portia!

TheBookNurse said...

It was a hard review to write because any detail would have been a spoiler! Enjoy and I can't wait for us all to discuss it together. Next, we need to get Paige to read it too!

Anonymous said...

I would love to read this book! It sounds like it would be interesting, especially if the plot twists caught me off guard for once!