Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Under The Never Sky Reviewed by Paige Espinosa


     Reverie is a secure, well-guarded bubble, protecting its inhabitants from the outside world, known as the Death Shop, because of all the different ways to die. Aria is just living her normal life until she finds herself kicked out of Reverie and living outside in the Death Shop, trying to survive with an outsider who is just as unhappy about being stuck with her as she is about being stuck with him. 
     I gave this book three out of five stars because it took forever to get into but by the end it was alright. The characters weren't super intriguing and the big "plot twist" at the end wasn't as shocking as the author probably thought it would be. I wish the author had been clearer about her description of the world in this book because even now, I have absolutely no idea what the Aether is even though it was a big deal in the book. Sometimes I would be sure that this world was a future version of our own world but then things like the Aether would confuse me and make me wonder if maybe this world wasn't actually like Earth but something completely made up. There are more books in this series but I'm not planning on reading them. Some girls might really like this book, every single chapter is half awkward romantic/sexual tension and half macho-wilderness-survival. Honestly, I'm just getting tired of these types of books and wondering about their dental hygiene the whole time they're making out... 

3 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

Your review makes me wonder if I should buy the others in the series for the library. It got such great raves on other book sites!

Anonymous said...

I wasn't aware that this was even a series, but I think any interest I might've had in reading them was kinda killed by this review? We have a lot of similar reading tastes and if you didn't like this book, I don't believe I will either. It's the awkward romantic relationships of all books anymore that turn me off of them. Anyway, though I won't read it, good review Paige!

Anonymous said...

It sounds really interesting, and like something I would enjoy reading. I'm very curious about the plot twist at the end.