Monday, November 9, 2015

Illuminae~ Reviewed by Hailey Hinrichs




                                                



Image result for four stars out of five

               The year is 2575. The morning before Kady’s planet was invaded, she thought breaking up with her boyfriend Ezra would be the hardest thing about the day to come. Soon after two rival corporations declare war on each other, she realizes she was very wrong. Now that her planet is invaded, she is forced to evacuate with Ezra on a warship. As she thinks things can’t get any worse, a plague breaks out. As Kady tries to find answers, she can’t seem to learn anything because the people in charge don’t want to talk about what’s really going on. She soon resolves to hacking into the database to find the truth. What she comes to find is that Ezra seems to be the only one who can really help her. Can they overcome their awkward past to help save their planet?
                I liked this book so I gave it 4 out of 5 stars. I usually am not into outer space books or a lot of books that have to do much with science. But I really enjoyed this one. I LOVED the layout of it. (Mostly because of reminded me of The Dead House). I like the different fonts and styles of the pages, which always helps with such long books. I loved all the plot twists which I did not see coming. I also love books that are realistic and I really thought events and ways the characters reacted to things really was realistic, unlike other books where things are instantly perfect again and all is well. Because come on, we all know it doesn’t happen like that. This was a good read and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys books about outer space and fantasy.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought your review was well written. It really grabbed my attention! This book looks like a good find that I will have to check out.

Anonymous said...

Your review makes the book sound very interesting to me. Futuristic outer space books have always interested me, so I would love this book. However, I wonder why you did not give it all five stars. Also, how does it remind you of "The Dead House".