Sunday, November 22, 2015

These Broken Stars--Reviewed by: Sarah Roberts














“For a moment the image before us is frozen: our world, our lives, reduced to a handful broken stars half lost in uncharted space. Then it's gone, the view swallowed by the hyperspace winds streaming past, blue-green auroras wiping the after-images away.

Until all that's left is us” 

In the blink of an eye life can change. You can go from being surrounded by your comfortable, bright life style to being in a place that's new, uncertain. Well that's exactly what happened to Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen.

Lilac LaRoux is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Carver comes from nothing, but is a young war hero who knows that girls like Lilac are more trouble than they are worth. So what happens when the two are thrown together after their beloved spaceship, the Icarus, crashes on to an unknown planet? Well, they are forced to work together, making a tortuous journey across the eerie, deserted terrain to seek help.

Along the way there will be arguments, sarcastic comedy, heart melting moments, and even love.

I loved this book! I couldn't put it down for more than a second before I had to pick it up again. That is why I gave this book a 5 star rating. I enjoyed the suspense, sic-fi setting, and romance!. The sarcastic comments from Tarver made this story more comical, which I adored. The growing relationship between Lilac and Tarver will truly make you melt. I thought that these two characters truly complemented each other, and made this book worth reading. Some scenes in this book will leave you breathless! I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and will definitely recommend this to my friends and family.

2 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

Glad you liked this, Sarah -- and I ordered #2 for you!

Anonymous said...

I really like your review. This book sounds really good!