Monday, February 8, 2016

Snow Like Ashes and Ice Like Fire~ Reviewed by Hailey Hinrichs

 


                                              
Meira is one of the seven refugees who survived the attack on her home kingdom of Winter when it was taken over by Spring and it's evil ruler, Angra. Fighting to become a good warrior and battling her love for the future King of Winter, and best friend, Mather, she must conquer new obstacles in order to gain the kingdom back. But when she begins hearing the voice of the last queen of Winter, Hannah, and feels the magic that once belonged to Hannah, she begins to find out her own destiny and how exactly she can save Winter and end Angra's reign.
            Fast-forward 6 months.
            Meira has taken her role as Queen of Winter and now begins with new obstacles of how to exactly get her kingdom back to normal. Since Winter is in serious debt to Cordell, and engaged to the prince, Theron, her kingdom is in debt to their evil ruler, Noam. Though Meira has tried to adapt to the new life of Queen, Mather struggles living is new life completely opposite of what he expected. When the mines of the kingdom are opened and her people find the chasm that holds all the power for her kingdom, she's determined to find the keys that unlock the chasm and make sure Noam will never have power over her or her people.
 
            I LOVED these books so I gave them both 5 stars! Everything left me reading more and more and the author really did a good job building up hype throughout the chapters of what was to come. The plot twists were super good and I didn't see them coming at all! When she felt the magic inside of her I just thought "Oh, maybe the people of Winter are getting their magic back?" But the real reason behind it was so unexpected. I loved these characters in the book, and I especially loved Meira. It's extremely nice seeing a girl trying to fix things for herself and her kingdom and not thinking the whole time about how to find the perfect guy and fall in love for once. I loved these books and would definitely recommend them to any of my friends or family




 

3 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

I'm so glad you liked these as much as you did! I confess, YA fantasy is not my favorite genre, but you made it sound quite complex with a great world development. Will there be another in this series or was this the end?

Anonymous said...

I think this book looks like a great read and I would love to read it!!

Anonymous said...

I believe there is only two books in this series.