Monday, February 22, 2016

Zodiac-- Reviewed by Sarah Roberts













"Inside the arenasphere, hundreds of holograms drift overhead, a circus of pixilating colors."

We see Zodiac signs as a cool way to represent our birth months. Romina Russell, author of Zodiac, sees them as  names for different houses of Academy.

Rhoma Grace is a 16-year old Academy student from the House Cancer. She has an unusual way of reading the stars. Rather than take steps that will help create accurate predictions, Rhoma seeks out stories in the sky.

When a devastating blast strikes one of Cancer's moons, sending the ocean planet turning and killing thousands of innocent citizens, including the beloved Guardian, Rhoma is shell shocked to find herself chosen as the new leader of House Cancer.

Rhoma is willing to protect her House with her life. The tragic events don't stop there however, House after House begin to fall victim to the bizarre weather occurrences. This causes Rhoma to suspect Ochus, the exiled 13th Guardian of the Zodiac. Rhoma believe Ochus has returned to take his revenge across the Galaxy.

Rhoma must now travelto warn the the other Guardians with the help of Hysan Dax, a young envoy from House Libra, and Mathias, a major in the Cancrian guard.

I absolutely loved this book! The plot line was amazing and I thought all the characters were well developed. I loved how Rhoma was an independent girl character, and did not seem to rely on the male characters so much. I also enjoyed how this book was set in space. I don't think this book would have been as good if it was place in some other setting. I would definitely recommend this book to all my friends and family. All in all it was a great read. 





2 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

I hope the second in the series is as good as the first!

Anonymous said...

I actually got this book for my birthday and I'm very excited to read it!