Monday, February 22, 2016

The Siren~ Reviewed By Hailey Hinrichs


 





"So why, here and now, in this frozen, useless time, did someone have to make me feel this way?"
 
            Kahlen used to be a normal 19-year-old girl from a wealthy family. On a family vacation her family and fellow passengers were lured in by Sirens. In order to save her life, she made a promise to the Sirens. She would soon come to find that the promise would last 100 years and she could only sing in front of people when it was time to lure them in.

            Fast forward 80 years.

            In her many adventures on land, watching people and longing for the life she once had, she runs into Akinli, a young handsome boy who immediately sparks her interest. But according to the rules of the Ocean, she can only communicate with humans when she's luring them to their death. Before she met Alkinli, she decided to just finish her sentence in silence and do what she's told, but falling in love with a human breaks all the rules. As her attraction grows for Alkinli, she must decide if she's willing to break all these rules for love.  
 
            This book was really good so I gave it 4 out of 5 stars. I honestly wasn't sure how I would like this book since it was Kiera Cass' first novel and I hadn't even heard about it until after The Selection Series became so popular. I LOVED that series and honestly read all 3 in one night so I was hoping this would be another good book and it was! It was something new that I hadn't really read about before. I am a sucker for romance novels sometimes and this one was a good one. I really liked the main character, Kahlen. She was an interesting girl and didn't really like to start trouble and usually kept things to herself and I can could connect with her on that level since I'm really not a very controversial person at all. I thought it was great story and would recommend it to anyone who likes romance novels.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this book looks really good