Monday, May 23, 2016

The Darkest Corners~ Reviewed by Hailey Hinrichs

It’s been 10 years since Tessa has been back to where she grew up in Fayette. Since her move to Florida, she has lost touch with everyone she was once close to including her best friend Cassie.
But nothing was ever the same after that night at the trail. Since she moved to Florida, all of Callie’s energy has gone to starting over and forgetting what happened the summer before she moved. Callie tries to forget by endless partying.
The last time Tessa talked to Cassie was back during the trial of Wyatt Stokes where they both testified and the man was put on death row. Now Tessa is back and is looking for answers after another girl turns up dead.
Could she have convicted an innocent man? More importantly, can she handle coming in contact with another killer?
I really enjoyed this book so I gave it 4 out of 5 stars.  I really liked that Kara Thomas literally kept so many things secret all until the ending and it was just mind blowing when everything was revealed. I loved how easily I could connect with Tessa. She was pretty much left alone after the incident and started keeping people at a distance before letting them get close to her and I can really relate with her on that. Although it may seem easier just keeping people at a distance, I really envy people who can just trust and love unconditionally. What I liked most about the book was that the author showed how the girls handled things differently and that how they handled it was realistic. Many people have turned to alcohol and drugs after a traumatic event. People have even secluded themselves too after a bad situation as well so I like that both ways the girls handled it was realistic. I liked this book a lot and would recommend it to any of my friends or family.

No comments: