Sunday, May 8, 2016

With Malice--Reviewed by Sarah Roberts







"Simone was dead, and I had no idea how it had happened."

Have you ever woken up and not remembered what you did the day before? It's slightly scary, but once you see an image you immediately remember. Well, that is not the case for Jill Charron.

Eighteen year old Jill Charron, wakes up only to find herself in a hospital bed. The worst part is, she can't remember how she got there. Jill can't even remember the past 6 weeks of her life.

Jill later discoveries that she was involved in a fatal car accident, which explains the cast on her leg and the stitches. The car accident occurred during the school trip to Italy. Jill was jetted home by her rich father, so that she could receive the proper care. Only problem this care involved a lawyer...and a press team?

Maybe this accident...wasn't an accident.

Jill tries to figure out not only what happened, but what she did. She works to figure out what happened in the six weeks that she can't seem to remember, before she loses what's left of her perfect life.

I thought this book was amazing! I adored the storyline. This was YA, but at the same point seemed to have adult aspects to it. I loved how we saw Jill struggle to recover her memory, and that it seemed real and not fictional. I also enjoyed how there were interruptions in chapters that showed us police reports and interviews with people. This book had a kind of detective feel to it that just made this book so much fun to read. It felt like I was interacting with the characters myself, and I enjoyed that a lot. I would recommend this book to all my friends and family.


I would like to thank NetGalley for allowing me to review this book as well as a the publisher Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Children's Book Group for allowing me to read and review this book as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to read this book! I love thrillers like this where the main character has to put pieces together to figure out the past and what actually happened. What do you mean by adult aspects? Can you give a specific example?