Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Fang -- A review by Ian Zig.



Fang

By James Patters0n

****

Fang is the sixth book of the Maximum Ride Series. The other five books are: The Angel Experiment, School's Out Forever, Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports, The Final Warning, and Max. The Entire series was a great story, however I kind of wish that the author would've stopped at the fifth book, Max. The newest book, Fang, was a good book and it takes an odd turn with the Flock, the five human-avian kids group. Fang takes a completely different direction than the other books, because this book is mainly about the Flock breaking down and falling apart... Of course there is still the evil, mad scientists thrown into the mix, but the book doesn't put the same emphasis on them as the previous books have. But this new direction isn't neccessarily a bad thing, I enjoyed it fairly well, just not as much as the previous books. Also the series has the reputation of being an action-packed thrill read, but Fang just didn't seem to have as much energy and commotion. But don't get me wrong, there was definitely some action! I enjoyed this book thoroughly, especially the bitter sweet ending...


All in all Fang was a good read. I gave it four stars because I found the story periodically dragging for short periods. Again though, I really wish the author would have stopped at Max, mainly because it seemed like a proper ending, there's no way to tell the ending unless Patterson is a super-author. To end my spool, this book was a great read, and I recommend it to anyone... BUT, ONLY if you've read the whole series!

5 comments:

Amy Lyon said...

I've read to Max, but now I'm just fed up.I thought the entire series dragged on. Patterson should stick to adult books.

Hope Austin said...

I've never read any books by him. Would you recommend this series as a whole?

Aspen Gates said...

I'm just now beginning the Maximum Ride Series and from what I've read so far, it seems like an amazing sereis so I can't wait to read Fang as well.

Halea Coulter said...

The book sounds okay, but i tried reading the first book and just couldn't get into it, so i don't care to try.

Anonymous said...

This wasn't one of my favorite books in the series, but it was still quite good.