Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Night Hoops--A Review By Bryce Foster


Night Hoops

By: Carl Deuker

*** Stars

Night Hoops, is about two teenage boys. They are both sophomores in high school. They have nothing in common with each other, except basketball. The two are majorly competitive towards each other. Although, the boys are not so different. Nick has to deal with his parents divorce. This is also on top of trying to be a star basketball player on his high school team. Throughout the novel, Nick gets better as the point guard of his team and learns how to be more mature both on and off the court.

Trent, the other boy, is facing a lot at home. He is always angry and aggressive not only on the court but everywhere. He also wants to be a star basketball player on their high school basketball team. Surprisingly, Nick becomes friends with Trent and they start playing basketball in the driveway of Nick house. They continually do this every night. They become very good pals. In my opinion, I believe the book wanted you to grasp the idea of two competitors becoming friends.

I Gave this novel 3 stars because I think highly of this author and the sport books he writes. I think this was an excellent book for someone who enjoys basketball and for anyone who feels like an outsider. This would be a great book for someone who has problems at home or just someone in high school who is looking for an awesome read. I highly recommend this novel because it never gets boring.

6 comments:

Ian Zig. said...

doesn't sound too much like something I'd like to read, not too big on sports books

George Morejon said...

That seems like a good theme for sports books. I've seen that theme a lot in other books too.

Hope Austin said...

Sports isn't really my cup of tea, but I do like books about friendship. So maybe I'll check this one out.

Amy Lyon said...

Another sports book? I think I'll pass.

Aspen Gates said...

Though it sounds like a great story, it's still not something I would read.

Halea Coulter said...

Eh, it's a sports book, it doesn't fascintate me at all