Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Accidental Love -- reviewed by Kaitlin Kimbrell

Accidental LOVE

by: Gary Soto
*** 3 stars



Is what they say true, do opposites attract? That is just what Marisa is trying to figure out. When her best friend, Alicia, gets in a car accident with her cheating boyfriend things take a whole different spin. Marisa never liked Roberto, Alicia's boyfriend, and when Alicia found a picture she was pleased she finally had a good reason to beat him up. During the scuffle however Marisa and Rene, Roberto's best friend, accidentally switch cell phones. She knows that she needs to go and give back his phone, but doesn't want to have to see Roberto. Marisa being a strong headed fighter she is went to give Rene is phone back. Rene is a nerd who doesn't like fighting at all and was the one who pulled Marisa off Roberto in the hospital. Will they fall in love? Will their extreme opposite personalities attract? Or will Marisa just return the phone and never think about him again? What will happen?

Personally I thought this book was alright. I didn't really like Marisa because I thought she was just flat out rude. The story behind Alicia and her was good though and I enjoyed the fact that she stuck up for her best friend. When I saw this book I thought that the story was going to be a lot different. I think that you should read it yourself to really come up with opinion on it, but to me this book was mediocre. I will probably read Gary Soto's other book The Afterlife even though I didn't like this book very much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like an interesting love story.

TheBookNurse said...

This doesn't look like my kind of book so likely will skip it. Nice review!

Ms C

Anonymous said...

Like Ms C said it's not my type of book but you did a good review.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this book. I think that people should read it. Very interesting and romantic.