Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Shatter Me--reviewed by Nallely S.

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
* * * * * Stars
Juliette has only ever known pain and isolation. An unwanted child, a feared human, a lonely girl. Juliette struggles within herself to find the strength to survive in The Reestablishment. A girl with a unique yet deadly secret, Juliette is thrown away by the people she believed as her parents. Left alone in an organization for "crazy people". She meets Adam, her "cellmate". The only human who isn't afraid of touching her, Juliette slowly lets him into her life. Yet just when she starts to hope for something more, Adam's betrayal couldn't be the worst thing yet. In this story, follow Juliette and her struggle to humanity.

I gave Shatter Me 5 stars because honestly I couldn't put this book down. I loved it. From the beginning it had my attention and it was promising. Full of suspense, hope, romance, and action ...this book has it all. X) It's very appealing and it had that "I'm-a-monster-yet-I-want-to-be-liked" theme. I loved the characters. Although I wanted to kill the antagonist yet I loved him at the same time. XP I'm dying for the next book!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This book seems very interesting and I have been wanted to read it. I hope that I do read it soon.

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or do parents always do horrible things when they find out their children are different? Anyway this sounds really cool and I really want to read it.

Anonymous said...

I have no idea but lately I've been seeing that quite a lot in books. It's depressing.