Monday, January 9, 2012

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer reviewed by Molly Varney

By: Michelle Hodkin *****

Mara doesn't think her life can get any worse. She woke up to find herself in the hospital and learned that her friends were killed in an accident that she was also in. Only she couldn't remember anything. Her family decided to move to help Mara deal with her friends death, but wherever she went, the hallucinations followed. Seeing her dead friends didn't help Mara with the stress of moving and trying to recover from her loss. As she moves to Rhode Island she makes an unlikley friend. Noah is a mysterious, dark boy at her new school and though she tries to ignore him, they are inexplicably drawn to each other. As she tries to remember what happened that night, Mara starts to uncover the truth about herself and what's really happening to her.

I absolutley loved this book! It was extremely well written and I enjoyed reading every word of it. The plot was a lot different from most books I've read. It was even a little scary at some points. I loved the how it kept you guessing and guessing until almost the end of the book. The ending caught me completely off guard and I can't wait until the next book's out. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes mysteries and a little horror.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made this book seem very interesting in book club. I am really hoping that I will be able to read this book sometime this year. Also, this was a very good review on the book.

Anonymous said...

Good review~!

Anonymous said...

Kaitlin- You should read it I'm sure you'd love it.
Nallely- Thanks!